Ingredients and tools
Serves 4 persons:
- 1 kg gnocchi
- 800 grams Italian stir-fry vegetables with cavolo nero (or create your own mix with broccoli, coarsely chopped cavolo nero and scallion and finely chopped chestnut mushrooms)
- Big green olives (pitted), add to taste
- Sundried tomatoes, add to taste
- 250 ml (plant based) cooking cream
- 250 gr ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Frying pan with a heat-resistant handle, that fits the grill rack of the Outdooroven
- Large oven dish (Before you start cooking, check if the dish fits the oven – max. size: 30 x 30 cm – or use two medium size dishes)
- Large mixing bowl
- Step 1. Light a fire in the Outdooroven and make sure the fire burns for at least 15 minutes before you start cooking to make sure the oven can reach the proper temperature and the heat is distributed evenly throughout the oven. If you want to check the temperature inside the oven, you could use the Magnetic Thermometer (sold separately).
- Step 2. Place the grill rack inside the oven and place the frying pan on the rack. Heat the olive oil and bake the precut vegetables, olives and sundried tomatoes.
- Step 3. Take a large mixing bowl to mix the gnocchi, baked vegetables, fresh ricotta and cooking cream. Season to taste.
- Step 4. Put the mixture in the oven dish and place it in the oven. Regularly check and cook until the gnocchi and vegetables are tender.
- In case you use two oven dishes instead of one:
Divide the mixture and bake the dishes one by one. When the first dish is ready, take it from the oven and cover it with a lid or aluminium foil. Place it on top of the oven to keep it warm while you bake the second dish. Once the second dish is ready, serve it and heat up the first dish for 2 more minutes inside the oven. Don’t forget to remove the lid or aluminium foil.
Make sure the fire keeps burning steadily by frequently adding tinder. This is necessary to maintain a steady temperature in the oven.