Right from the Outdooroven grill: this fancy hotdog recipe takes the standard hotdog to the next level. One to definitely try for your next barbecue night.
- 4 (beef) sausages
- 2 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams of cooked beetroots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp ginger marmelade
- 125 grams of sour cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish in a pot
- 4 hot dog buns (or similar bread)
- Cress (optional)
- Cut the beetroot into cubes, cut the onion into rings and press the garlic cloves. Heat about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic, onion and beetroot for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the ginger marmelade after 10 minutes and let it all thicken slightly. Remove from the stove and let it cool. Mix the sour cream and horseradish in a separate bowl and add pepper and salt to taste. Place back in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat up the Outdooroven, let it burn for about 15 minutes to get an even temperature in the oven. To see if the oven is hot enough, you can use our Magnetic Thermometer.
- When the oven is at temperature, you can bake the bread in the oven following the steps on the package. Let the fire die down slightly(don’t add new logs to the fire) until the logs glow. Then place the barbecue grill in the Outdooroven.
- Grill the sausages on the grill rack until they are done. Turn them regularly.
- Place the sausages in the hot dog buns. Add the onion-beet compote and sour cream. Optionally garnish with some fresh cress.