Ingredients and tools:
Serves 4 persons:
- 600g of chicken wings (preferably organic chicken)
- 600g small potatoes (scrubbed)
- 4 large carrots
- 1 celeriac
- Olive oil
- Chicken seasoning blend (or blend some pepper, salt, paprika, cayenne and garlic)
- Large oven dish
- Step 1. Light a fire in the Outdooroven and make sure the fire burns for at least 15 minutes before you start cooking. Like this the oven can reach the proper temperature (around 180 degrees Celsius) and the heat is distributed evenly throughout the oven. If you want to check the temperature inside the oven, you could use the Magnetic Thermometer (sold separately).
- Step 2. Peel, slice and dice the celeriac. Cut the carrots in large chunks and cut the small potatoes in half. Put the vegetables in the dish. Sprinkle generously with some oil.
- Step 3. Season the chicken wings and put them on top of the vegetables.
- Step 4. Place the dish in the oven once it has reached the right temperature. Remember to place a new log on the fire to maintain a steady temperature. Check the chicken regularly. It should be done in about 30 minutes, depending on the temperature of the oven. Be sure to check whether the chicken is well done and the vegetables are ‘al dente’.